When was tie dye popular in the US
When was tie dye popular in the US? Tie dye became popular in the 1960s, fashion in the 1970s, neon in the 1990s, and is resurging today. It's free form art.
Wearing tie dye is a symbol of freedom.
Tie dye became popular in the 1960s as a new idea; clothing can be a form of protest. Tie dye became a popular way to protest the Vietnam war, so most tie dye designs were intentionally shocking.
The picture is Joe Cocker on stage at Woodstock in 1969.
When is it popular
Tie dye is most popular when people feel powerless to affect important aspects of their lives; like when the people in charge protect their own interests at the expense of the people they're supposed to serve.
This is when tie dye became popular. The people in charge were fighting an old war with the lives of young Americans. When young Americans objected and protested loudly, they were literally shot down, so they continued to protest silently with tie dye, and it worked. People started talking.
Decades of tie dye
What decade is tie dye assumes there's one tie dye decade, but it's six decades. The people in charge keep protecting their interests with a deaf ear to the people's protests, so the people protest silently. Let's review the epic fails that have made tie dye popular for six decades.
- 1960s - the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the JFK Assassination, the Tonkin Resolution, the Vietnam war, the MLK Assassination
- 1970s - Kent State, Watergate, the Energy Crisis, Mandatory Busing, the Chrysler Bailout, the Iran Hostage Crisis.
- 1980s - the Drug War, the AIDs scandal, Iran-Contra, Iraq-Gate, the Savings and Loan Bailout
- 1990s - the Gulf War, the Siege of Ruby Ridge, the Waco standoff, the Oklahoma City bombing scandal
- 2000s - the 911 scandal, the War on Terror, the Iraq war, the Afgan war, the Housing crash, the Banking Industry Bailout, the Swine Flu scandal
- 2010s - the IRS scandal, the ISIS scandal, the Ebola scandal, NSA mass surveillance, Censorship.
Tie Dye is therapy
Vogue Magazine posted MFW Trend: When Tie-Dye Goes Luxe by Julia Hobbs in Fall 2017
Tie dye is more popular than ever because the world's out of control and protests go unheard. Make a silent stand and feel good about it with tie dye.
If your dog picks up what you're feeling get them a tie dye bandana. You'll both feel better in no time.
Start your tie dye therapy today.
- Be optimistic!
- There's still beauty in the world!